Solar Rooftop System in Africa
Solar Rooftop System in Africa
Solar Rooftop systems are popular in Africa, where ground space is limited. And Africa is a country that enjoys abundant sunshine all year through, but this sunshine that makes us consume more electricity. We all use fans, coolers, air-conditioners, and refrigerators 24 hours, and throughout the year, thus running up high electricity bills. Add to that the woes of unplanned power cuts and you are forced to depend on a high cost, unreliable grid of electricity.
Today solar energy is the most flexible form and reliable source of renewable energy available to us. As solar energy costs keep dropping, the process of installing a Solar Rooftop system in Africa is increasing day by day due to the increase in the price of electricity.
Switching to a Solar Rooftop system in Africa to harness the power of the sun and enjoy the benefits of clean, uninterrupted electricity at significantly lower costs.
Powernsun’s team has analyzed dozens of commercial and industrial Solar Rooftops in Africa and has all the right expertise to execute your project on time.
How Solar Rooftop system work in Africa?
A Solar Rooftop system is a power generation system that can be installed for residential houses, office buildings, factories, warehouses, and car parking roofs in Africa.
In Africa, there’s a demand for different kinds of solar power systems. In this scenario, it is important to understand the different kinds of solar energy systems.
There are 3 types of systems:
The On-Grid Solar Rooftop system is one of the most widely used in Africa. This Solar-Powered Generation System is where the solar photovoltaic system is connected and integrated with the grid. The power generated by this system is sent to the electricity provider or the grid from where it is used to run the appliances. The installation of this system is hassle-free and it is easy to maintain.
The power generation system of the Solar Rooftop panels absorbs the sunlight that falls on them and converts the rays into electricity – this generated power is DC (direct current) which is then converted to AC (alternating current) by the solar inverter. The converted current is then sent to the grid from where it is supplied for daily use. A net meter is a unit that records the electricity which is sent to the grid and the electricity that is used. At the end of a month, the net metering unit generates a “net” statement of consumption.
Which type of Solar Rooftop System in Africa is right?
- For selling electricity to the electricity authority : This type of installation is to produce electricity for the Electricity Authority Board in Africa. The meter must be installed separately from the meter that we use for electricity. However, the purchase must depend on Africa’s government policy on when to register for the distribution of electricity and how much the electricity cost is to be paid.
- For self-power : This type of installation is used to reduce electricity bills When using lights more than those produced by solar cells, the Grid-Tie Inverter device connected to the electricity distribution system Will act to automatically pull electricity from the electricity grid. Therefore, it will reduce the electricity cost and there is not enough power limitation due to pulling from the electricity to compensate.
The lifespan of Solar Rooftop System in Africa
The Solar Rooftop system in Africa can generate clean energy for approximately 25 years. But the solar system’s maintenance is important, and that depends on its longevity. The best part is, once the used Solar Rooftop system crosses its useful lifetime, you can either re-invest in the project by replacing the products, including solar panels and inverters, or else you may recycle the components.
Benefits of Solar Rooftop System in Africa
- Cost Saving- One of the greatest benefits of installing solar panels on the rooftop in Africa is that they provide cost savings. The tariff quotas for the Solar Rooftop system relative to industrial and commercial tariff rates are 17% and 27% lower, respectively. With the trend in solar being that panels keep getting cheaper, industries opting for solar are bound to see gains in the next few years in Africa.
- Net metering- It is another benefit of the on-grid Solar Rooftop system. It allows consumers to feed extra solar power into the grid when the power is not needed and receive a credit on the electricity bill. Net metering simply uses the grid as a huge battery to balance demand-supply gaps.
- Low maintenance costs- Solar Rooftop system in Africa is a cost-effective system. It simply requires proper cleaning and good maintenance from time to time, which is not even a complicated process. Most Solar Rooftop systems have a life expectancy of 25 years which makes them worth the investment. No major costs are involved. We have a system, an asset management technology that monitors your solar panel's health and maintenance, so if there is any issue you will be notified immediately.
- Reduction in electricity bills- Installing solar panels for homes or offices in Africa can reduce your electricity bill. A normal electricity connection relies on coal, oil, and natural gas to power homes across Africa. Installing panels on your home’s rooftop saves you economically as well as the environment.
- Suitable for African climate- Africa is situated in such a geographical location that is ideal for receiving ample tropical sunlight. With almost 300 sunny days with clear skies, each year Africa has one of the best conditions in the world to harness solar energy.
- No additional space is required for installation- Since the system is installed on the roofs of commercial or residential, they do not require large tracts of land; this concept is both viable and sustainable. This also has an add-on advantage – the resale value of a house will increase when it comes with an installed Solar Rooftop system.
Rooftop solar systems are becoming a popular source of power in Africa. As solar costs keep dropping, the process of installing a Solar Rooftop system in Africa is increasing day by day due to the increase in the price of electricity. Hence, you can go for Solar Rooftop for home solutions with residential solar to save money and the planet.
Contact us at Powernsun (buy a Solar Rooftop system online at a competitive price) if you are planning to install a solar rooftop system for residential as well as commercial purposes. Call us at +27100355570 & Email: firstname.lastname@example.org